Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hey Mister! Check out my coz

A few days ago I received a text message from my sister telling me that my cousin Mike from Las Vegas would be coming to Chicago in June to play a couple shows with his band Hey Mister. Mike's played bass for multiple bands in Sin City over the past few years, and he's worked hard to learn all he can about the industry, even releasing his own clothing line, MIMORTL (Music Is My Only Reason To Live). Well, it looks like MIMORTL the clothing line has also become MIMORTL the record label, and Hey Mister is off and running with their first EP, Buy! Borrow! Steal!.

Holly and I are undeniably stoked for our coz, and we hope his upcoming tour turns out to be his big break. Here's a link to the myspace page for Hey Mister. Mike's the serious looking one with the glasses, the only one not sporting a plunging neck line. In fact, he has two shirts on to ensure the minimum amount of chest exposure. Come on, Mike! Let the sexy out!

If there's anything I've always admired about Mike, it's his knack for getting to know the right people, and Hey Mister is no exception. Their polished pop sound is due in large part to producer Kevin Churko, the father of lead singer Kane Churko. Papa Churko produced records for Shania Twain, Ringo Starr, and Ozzy Osbourne.

The band has a nice sound, they're coming to a city near you, and they plucked their name from a line in A Hard Day's Night (earning them much respect in my book). Congratulations, Mike, and I'll see you in NYC!

No comments: